Aadhar Bio Metric-Based GST Registration: The Goods and Services Tax (GST) department will set up a biometric registration system on November 7, which will be launched at the event from Vapi, Gujarat. After enrolment, the department will submit the GST biometric data of the applicant at the time of registration of a new GST number. Gujarat will become the first state in the country to implement the GST biometric data-based registration system.
- Nirmala Sitharaman (Finance and Corporate Affairs Minister) is likely to be present at this moment and virtually launch the project at 10 centers in the state.
- Kanu Desai, the Union Minister will launch this project from Vapi, Gujarat. After the pilot project, this GST biometric data-based registration will be launched in other states. Desai in his statement said that Gujarat was the first to successfully launch ‘Mera Bill Mera Adhikar’ and became the first state to do so. Now, we are launching it.
Aadhar Bio Metric-Based GST Registration
For Aadhar Bio Metric-Based GST Registration, an applicant has to provide a thumb impression along with his/her identity documents. This will verify that the applicant is truthful. The registered applicant may be called for verification in the future if necessary. Earlier, some individuals claimed that GST registration was done in their names without their consent. Subsequently, his bank and essential identity documents were accessed without his knowledge.
In Aadhar Bio Metric-Based GST Registration Latest News, the GST official said that with thumb impressions there would be no possibility of such fraud. An applicant cannot deny that he/she did not apply for GST registration. “This action will also help the GST department trace the corrupt. Recently, cases of fraud have been reported in which individuals claimed Input Tax Credit (ITC) with fake identity cards.”
The Aadhaar card is a unique identification number that is issued to every citizen of the country. It is one of the important documents that is required to be presented for many purposes. Aadhaar card works as a proof of identity and hence is a mandatory requirement for Indian citizens. Any person who does not present an Aadhar card or does not carry it may be restricted from many activities.
Required documents for an Aadhaar Card?
To apply for an Aadhaar card, you need to provide some documents to prove your identity and address. These documents are used to ensure your personal information and to issue your Aadhaar card correctly.
The specific documents for an Aadhaar card may differ according to your age, gender, and other factors. But as usual, you will be required to provide proof of identity and proof of being an Indian citizen. You may also need to provide other documents, such as date of birth proof.
Aadhar Biometric lock
Aadhaar Biometric Locking is a security feature that helps Aadhaar card holders secure their biometric information, such as fingerprint, eye scan, and face recognition data, to protect them from unauthorized access to their bank accounts. This feature is particularly important in India, where AEPS is used extensively to withdraw cash from ATMs and point-of-sale devices, especially using Aadhaar biometrics.
“To activate the Aadhaar biometric lock, you can either access the UIDAI website or use the m-Aadhaar app. Once your biometrics are locked, they cannot be used for Aadhaar authentication. Unless you try to open it, which is a system that can be initiated using the same methods given above.”
Follow These steps to secure Your Aadhaar Biometrics
- Visit the UIDAI website or install the them-Aadhaar app.
- Log in to your Aadhaar account, by providing your Aadhaar number and OTP.
- Go to the “Lock/Unlock Biometrics” option located in the “My Aadhaar” section.
- Re-enter your Aadhaar number and OTP for verification.
- Click “Lock Biometrics”.
- A confirmation message will be sent to you to confirm the biometrics lock.
Why secure Aadhaar biometrics data?
It is important that you understand that securing your Aadhaar biometrics does not place any restrictions on your ability to use Aadhaar for various purposes, such as identity verification. You can use your Aadhaar number and OTP to verify your identity when required.
Here are several benefits of securing your Aadhaar biometrics:
- This protects your finances from potential AEPS fraud.
- This protects your identity from fraudulent activities.
- This gives you the assurance that your biometric data is kept safe and secure.
BAAL Aadhaar Card
“Baal Aadhar Card is issued to children below the age of 5 years. It is blue in color and does not require biometrics of the child.
Follow the given steps to apply for a Bal Aadhar Card for your children.
- Visit the Aadhaar enrolment center.
- Take the application form to apply for the Bal Aadhaar card. And fill the form correctly as per the instructions given in the form
- Attach all the important documents with the form
- A photograph of the child will be required for a Bal Aadhar card.
- No biometric is required for the Bal Aadhar card
- A formal message will be sent to the registered mobile number of one parent.
- Once the Bal Aadhar card is generated it will be sent to your registered address