NSP Central Sector Scholarship 2024 : The Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Education has established a scholarship program to assist deserving students from economically disadvantaged backgrounds with their day-to-day expenses while pursuing higher education. These Central Sector Scholarship 2024 are awarded based on the results of the Higher Secondary / Class 12th Board Examination.
Each year, a maximum of 82,000 new scholarships are provided for students pursuing undergraduate and postgraduate degrees in colleges and universities, as well as professional courses like Medical and Engineering.
Today in this article, we will provide with you all the details regarding NSP Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship 2024 for College and University students, its eligibility criteria, registration dates, application process & many more. So stay connected with us & read the whole article till the end.
NSP Central Sector Scholarship 2024 registration last date is 31st December, 2023.
Objective of NSP- National Scholarship
- Make sure that scholarships are awarded to students on schedule.
- Provide a single entry point for all of the federal and state governments’ scholarship programs.
- Create an open database of academics
- Steer clear of redundant processing.
- Harmonisation of various scholarship programs and regulations
- Implementation of Direct Benefit Delivery.
NSP Central Sector Scholarship Scheme 2024 : Highlights
|Central Sector Scholarship Scheme
|Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Education
|College and University Students
• Graduation (UG)
• Post-Graduation (PG)
|12th Pass Students
|Application Last Date
|31 December, 2023
Eligibility Criteria for NSP Central Sector Scholarship 2024
- The candidate must have scored above 80% of successful applicants in the relevant stream from the respective Board of Examination in Class 12th of the 10+2 pattern or equivalent.
- The candidate must be enrolled in regular degree programs and not in correspondence or distance learning mode or pursuing Diploma courses.
- The candidate must be studying at colleges/institutions recognized by the All India Council for Technical Education and respective Regulatory Bodies.
- The candidate must not be benefiting from any other scholarship schemes, including State-run scholarship schemes/fee waivers & reimbursement schemes.
- The gross parental/family income of the candidate should not exceed ₹4,50,000 per annum.
- To renew the scholarship each year, the candidate must achieve at least 50% marks in the Annual Examination and maintain a minimum attendance of 75%.
Documents required for NSP Central Sector Scholarship 2024
- Bank Passbook
- Education documents
- Aadhaar number
- Domicile Certificate(as specified in the respective scholarship guidelines)
- Income Certificate(as specified in the respective scholarship guidelines)
- Caste certificate(if applicable)
- Bonafide student certificate from school/institution (if the institute/school is different from the domicile state of the applicant)
Amount of Central Sector Scholarship 2024
- At the undergraduate level, the scholarship amount is ₹12,000 per year for the first three years of college or university courses.
- For postgraduate studies, the scholarship amount is ₹20,000 per year.
- Students pursuing professional courses with a duration of five years or integrated courses will receive ₹20,000 per year in the 4th and 5th years.
- However, students pursuing technical courses like B.Tech or B.Engg. Will only receive the scholarship up to the graduation level, i.e., ₹12,000 per year for the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd year, and ₹20,000 in the 4th year.
How to apply for NSP Central Sector Scholarship 2024 ?
The applications are exclusively accepted online. The verification process for students’ credentials, such as caste and educational qualifications, is conducted through the DIGILOCKER facility of the MeITY, Government of India.
- If you are a new user then register yourself first at the National Scholarship Portal NSP by giving all the required documents.
- The National Scholarships Portal (NSP) (www.scholarships.gov.in) will provide you with a specific timeline for when the NSP portal will be open and closed.
- The application, verification, selection, and disbursement guidelines for scholarships will be by the NSP.
- The Central Sector Scholarship 2024 selection list will be generated and displayed on the NSP.
- Central Sector Scholarship 2024 Online applications will undergo verification at two levels : first by the student’s institute and then by the respective State Higher Education Department or any other Agency/Official designated by the State as the State Nodal Agency. This applies to both NSP fresh and NSP renewal applicants.
- The latest guidelines regarding timelines will be accessible on the NSP.
- Due to delays in renewal or verification, Students will not be permanently disqualified from receiving scholarships.
- However, students need to submit their Central Sector Scholarship 2024 renewal applications before the specified cut-off date. Failure to meet this deadline will result in the denial of renewal for that particular year.
Who does not qualify for the NSP Central Sector Scholarship 2024 ?
- Students enrolled in a Master’s Degree Course are ineligible.
- Students who are employed or engaged in any job are ineligible.
- Students studying abroad are ineligible.
- Students pursuing a distance learning course are ineligible.
- Applicants who have already benefited from the Prime Minister Scholarship Scheme 2024 are ineligible.
- If a selected student changes their course or college and obtains fresh admission in the same academic year, their application will be rejected.
Selection Process for NSP Central Sector Scholarship 2024
The selection of NSP Scholarship 2024 recipients will be done based on the following factors:
- Merit (academic performance).
- Family income.
- Caste (if applicable).
NSP Central Sector Scholarship 2024 Renewal Policy
- Students must have obtained at least 50% or more marks in the previous exam.
- They will have to maintain at least 75% attendance.
- Candidates should not indulge in any ragging activities.
- They can apply to the NSP for renewal of this merit-cum-means scholarship.
How to renew NSP Central Sector Scholarship 2024 ?
- Visit the scholarship official website https://scholarships.gov.in
- Go to the Apply for Renewal link.
- Choose the type of scholarship.
- Login with username and password.
- Update the application form with new details and submit all the closures.
- Renewal of scholarship on or before the closing date Selected students need to renew scholarships every year.
How the students will receive the Central Sector Scholarship 2024 payment ?
The students will receive scholarships through Direct Benefits Transfer (DBT) and Aadhar Payment Bridge, which will transfer the money directly into their bank accounts. If they fail to score 50% or more marks, the scholarship will be discontinued. They need to provide their bank details, including the account number of the nationalized bank linked with their Aadhaar Card.
How to check NSP Central Sector Scholarship Status ?
- To access the NPS scholarship site, use any browser and navigate there; alternatively, go directly to www.scholarships.gov.in.
- Under the Applicant Corner, select New Application.
- Put in your password, captcha code and application number. Select Login.
- Find the current status option when the dashboard opens.
- You may see the status of your application under the Current Status option.
FAQ’s : NSP Central Sector Scholarship 2024
What is NSP Central Sector Scholarship 2024 ?
It is an scholarship scheme launch by govt with an objective to financially support students of economically deprived families, this scheme is distributed among 82,000 graduate/postgraduate scholars every year.
What is the last day to apply for NSP Central Sector Scholarship 2024 ?
The application last date is 31st December, 2023.
How to apply for NSP Central Sector Scholarship 2024 ?
Candidates can follow the above given steps & apply online by visiting the official website i.e..https://scholarships.gov.in/
What is the NSP Central Sector Scholarship amount ?
Graduation level – ₹10,000 per annum for the first three years of college and university courses.
Post Graduation level – ₹20,000 per annum.
For 5-year professional course/integrated course – ₹20,000 per annum will be provided in the 4th and 5th years.
For technical courses such as B.E./ B.Tech. degree up to graduation level – ₹12,000 per annum for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd year and ₹20,000 in the 4th year.