UGC NET Exam City Slip: The National Testing Agency (NTA) will soon provide a slip with information about the city where the UGC-NET exam will be held. If you have registered for this examination, you can get this certificate by visiting the official website https://ugcnet.nta.nic.in/ and saving it. UGC-NET is an examination aimed at seeing whether Indian citizens are eligible for the post of ‘Assistant Professor’ or whether they can get ‘Junior Research Fellowship and Assistant Professor’ jobs in Indian universities and colleges.
UGC NET exam will be conducted from December 6 to December 22, 2023, on computers in different shifts. Candidates are required to reach the examination center two hours before the commencement of the examination. They should ensure that they have enough time for security checks and registration. The registration desk will close 30 minutes before the start of the exam. You can find instructions on how to download the exam city slip in this step-by-step guide.
How to Download UGC NET Exam City Slip 2023?
Step 1: First, visit the official UGC NET website https://ugcnet.nta.nic.in/
Step 2: On the home page, find the link ‘UGC NET Exam Seat Slip’ and click on it
Step 3: Fill in your details by your application number, date of birth, and security pin
Step 4: Your UGC NET Exam Seat Slip for 2023 will be displayed on your screen
Step 5: Receive the City Information Sheet and then save it on your computer or mobile phone, which you can save for later use
Step 6: Always take one printout of your exam center slip. It will help in the future or in case of any emergency
UGC NET Exam: Read Exam Day Guidelines
Candidates should bring only the following things with them to the examination centre:
- Admit Card with Self-Declaration Form downloaded from NTA website (clearly printed on A4 size paper)
- A clear, simple ballpoint pen
- One additional photograph to be pasted on the attendance sheet
- Personal Hand Sanitizer (50 ml)
- A personal, clean water bottle
- Identity Certificate (ID)
- If the candidate has diabetes, sugar pills or fruit (such as banana, apple, or orange)
What is the UGC NET Exam
UGC-NET in India is an important examination that aims to help individuals prove whether they can become teachers or researchers in universities and colleges. This examination is divided into two parts, called Paper 1 and Paper 2. There are many benefits of passing this exam, such as:
- You can become an assistant professor
- You can get a junior research fellowship
This exam was earlier called UGC NET, but now NTA conducts it twice every year. If a person wants to study at any university in India, he/she has to pass this exam. There are two parts to this examination. The first part asks general questions about education, research, higher education, technology, and innovations in education. This test is available for 83 different subjects
Eligibility criteria to appear in the UGC Net Examination
Those people who will be considered eligible for this examination who have obtained a grade above 55% marks in Masters. Reserved category students can also appear in this examination with a 50% or less percentage. Although a post-graduation degree is mandatory to appear in the examination, essentially final-year Master’s students can also participate in this examination. Their marks will be valid only if they have successfully completed their Masters
Here below we have pointwise mentioned the eligibility criteria to appear in the UGC NET examination
- Any person who has secured 55% or more marks in his/her master’s degree is eligible to take this exam
- Reserved category students can also appear for the exam with 50% or less marks
- To appear for the exam, you must have a postgraduate (PG) degree
- If you are in the final year of your master’s degree, you can take the exam, but your score will only be counted if you successfully complete your master’s degree
If you successfully clear NET JRF, you will get a scholarship of around Rs 32,000 to 35,000 per month to pursue your doctoral studies in any college or university
What are the benefits of qualifying for the UGC NET examination?
NET simply takes no such value. Currently, teaching in universities requires a doctorate in 2021. Assistant professors can earn up to Rs 45,000 a month. Salary increases as teaching experience increases. Government jobs also have other benefits.
- Teaching and research are two of the main professions that you can earn if you have a NET qualification
- Assistant professors can earn up to Rs 45,000 a month
- You can join PUBLIC SECTOR UNDERTAKINGS for the jobs.
- Getting a job probability increases once you clear the UGC NET examination. because qualifying UGC NET examination is not easy. It is one of the toughest exams
More information about the UGC NET Exam
Having a NET qualification is not worth much. If you are thinking that you will be eligible to teach in college after qualifying net examination then let me tell you, from 2021, if you want to teach at university, you must have a doctorate